Tuesday 13 September 2011

Sunset by the sea

Nature as it is, supposedly to be enjoyed and appreciated.I was told that the scene of the sunset by the sea should not be missed.Being curious, I followed my cousin and we went to the nearby beach by taxi.After we reached there, we got out by the beach.The smell of the sea was distinct and the beating sound of the wave howling, rushing onto the beach.A gentle breeze blew and I took off my sandals and stepped onto the soft fine sand.My cousin assured that I would not be disappointed.We sat on the beach and gazed at the horizon.The gray clouds could be distinctly seen but the sun was well hidden behind them.Nothing spectacular was happening and I was feeling a bit impatient but I waited.Surely enough, the white clouds began to change color.First, the red and yellow could be seen.In a short while, the sky appeared to be ablaze with a wide splash of gold, red, orange and yellow.I gazed at the magnificent sight with amazement.I tried to focus on a particular part of the sky but the colors were constantly changing.They changed very slowly but gradually, the streak of gold then turned yellow and the splash of red dissolved into hues of orange.It was really quite unbelievable how the nature in action.Shortly, the hues became darker and hints of black were visible.Then it began to disappear into the horizon.Finally, I watched the sun slowly sank into the sea.However, the sky remained reddish even though the sun was not visible.The dark shades of the sky were now very obvious.Suddenly, everything turned dark.The sun had set and night took over.I became aware when I heard the buzzing of the mosquitoes zooming around my ears.I took heels before they feast on me.We faster got into the taxi and indeed; it was a fantastic and memorable sight to witness nature at its display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment